Defense Draw Stroke (DDS) focuses exclusively on the most fundamentally important manipulation of a defensive pistol, the draw. This lab goes in depth on refining the gross motor functions of the defensive draw into a repeatable and efficient action.
You will learn a functional draw from appendix and strong side carry while learning about cross draw and pocket carry techniques and the complications they introduce. You will refine and customize a draw to your daily wear and circumstances.
- Learn your failure point and push beyond it
- Know and improve upon the time it takes to draw your pistol
- Learn to draw a pistol from a variety of firing positions
- Analyze shot angle and environmental constraints of various firing positions
1/2 day Lab
- Pistol of choice
- 200 rnds
- Holster: shoulder/cross draw rigs and soft body/nylon holsters are NOT acceptable
- Protective gear: eye and ear protection, weather appropriate clothing
- Food + Water (range location does not allow off-range lunch)
- Understanding of firearms safety
- 300 private lab
- +$100/each additional participant
- maximum of 8 participants/lab