Pistol: Gunfighting teaches effective methods for accessing, using, and retaining a pistol during a life threatening assault.
Learn defense practices that defeat common criminal assault strategies. Drill structured and tested techniques to defeat criminal assaults.
You will learn to detect predatory cues, control a violent event, and confront predatory behavior with escalating force.
Range and Classwork:
Armed Grapple Skill Base
- Rules for surviving an assault
- Force on force scenario work
- Positional dominance continuum
Entangled Pistol Techniques
- Drawing DURING the assault
- Entangled/clinched shooting
- Pistol retention techniques
- Wonder how it would play out in real life? How would you fare? You will have your chance to play it out- incorporating controlled contact, striking, and simulated fire.
- You will learn in an environment as close as possible to reality- down to the complex verbal interactions not covered by traditional shooting and martial arts schools
1 Day Lab
- Carry Pistol
- Holster: shoulder/cross draw rigs and soft body/nylon holsters are NOT acceptable
- Ability to have 25 rnds carried in magazines or speed loaders
- Protective gear: eye and ear protection, weather appropriate clothing
- Food + Water (range location does not allow off-range lunch)