Pistol: Gunfighting teaches effective methods for accessing, using, and retaining a pistol during a life threatening encounter such as an assault.
Content is designed around common criminal behavior and utilizes realistic defense practices. Drills are structured to provide effective and tested techniques to defeat criminal assaults. Lessons are integrated bouncer/law enforcement/military tested MMA and practical shooting techniques
You will learn to detect predatory cues, control a violent event, and confront predatory behavior with escalating force.
Gun Groundwork is for the modern martial artist, the realistically prepared CCW permit holder, and the officer that knows annual weapons qualifications and POST training are not enough.
Range and Classwork:
Armed Grapple Skill Base
- Rules for surviving an assault
- Force on force scenario work
- Positional dominance continuum
Entangled Pistol Techniques
- Drawing DURING the assault
- Entangled/clinched shooting
- Pistol retention techniques
- Wonder how it would play out in real life? Hie would you fare? You will have your chance to play it out- incorporating controlled contact, striking, and simulated fire.
- You will learn in an environment as close as possible to reality- down to the complex verbal interactions not covered by traditional shooting and martial arts schools
1 Day Lab
- Magazine fed pistol
- 3 magazines
- Holster: shoulder/cross draw rigs and soft body/nylon holsters are NOT acceptable
- Protective gear: eye and ear protection, weather appropriate clothing
- Food + Water (range location does not allow off-range lunch)